The Digital Account Manager will be responsible for working alongside US account leads to execute digital and integrated communications campaigns – ranging from organic & paid social campaigns and SEO/SEM projects, to website development and more – on time and within budget, ensuring agreed deliverables are met. They will also support the senior lead in the planning of campaigns and projects, creative ideation, and effective client relationship management.
The Digital Account Manager will be actively involved in all aspects of new business (acquisition of new clients and upsell of existing clients), including nurturing leads and participating in RFP/pitch processes.
A critical component of the role will also be coordinating between the US team and the broader digital team in the UK, identifying when to tap UK resources and expertise and project managing their inputs for digital campaigns and initiatives.
- Take a lead on digital marketing campaigns, ensuring media spend does not exceed client budget
- Take an avid interest in the latest digital trends and developments and how they apply to day-to-day digital marketing tactics
- Support account teams to optimize content for search, when required
- Develop a firm understanding of the breadth of the company services so you are able to advise clients on broader marketing opportunities
- Take a lead on website development projects, as required
- Be responsible for website updates (across multiple CMS) and content uploads, where required, ensuring SEO best practice is followed throughout
- Manage branding and collateral generation projects, as required
- Oversee the production of integrated client reports focusing on deliverables against client targets and business outcomes
- Regularly contributing to company-wide culture initiatives, including participating in company events, writing for the blog etc.
- Support senior account lead in the planning of integrated communications activities in accordance with the assigned budget
- Develop original and innovative ways to deliver activity and take the lead in planning projects
- Come up with creative ways to use digital marketing channels to meet the goals set out in the communications strategy
- Inspire the trust and confidence of your clients; serve as first point-of-contact on digital projects and take a lead on client meetings and calls
- Work autonomously to manage campaigns within budget, ensuring all deliverables are met within agreed timeframes
- Provide strategic counsel based on the understanding of your clients and their markets as well as trends in communications
- Proactively identify and solve challenges throughout client engagements
- Stay on top of all campaign detail, marshalling the account team to deliver against strategy and within budget
- Manage and oversee the day-to-day work of your client teams, set an example in the way you work; support in teaching and developing digital communications skills
- Oversee campaign measurement, determining how outcomes align with clients’ overall business and communications objectives and effectively present results to clients
- Oversee the work of any third-party supplier to ensure projects are of a high-quality professional standard and delivered according to agreed deadlines
- Seek upselling opportunities with existing clients and identify/nurture new business prospects
- Being proactively involved in new business presentation research and development tasks
- Preparing for and attending new business pitch presentations as required
- Develop new business plans for specific areas of business development as identified by senior staff members
- 2-3 years’ prior experience in digital communications required; agency experience is a plus
- Undergraduate degree in communications, marketing, or other related subject
- Excellent knowledge of the digital landscape and latest search trends and developments
- Excellent understanding and in-depth working knowledge of SEO, PPC, email marketing, website content management and Analytics packages
- Understanding of how to create content which adheres to SEO best practice
- Experience managing digital channels – websites, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram etc.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.). Proficiency in Adobe Suite (Illustrator, InDesign and PhotoShop) a plus
- Experience in quantitative and qualitative data analysis
- Demonstrable experience in client communications and account administration
- Excellent written and oral communications skills with a strong knowledge of grammar and attention to detail
- Interest in financial services, professional services, technology and/or B2B communications
- A creative mind, with the ability to create engaging ideas that capture the attention of prospects and help clients stand out