: Account Directors/VPs
: PR Communications Agency - b2b Tech
Austin, TX and Washington, D.C - onsite 3x per week
Account Directors/VPs are responsible for the strategic planning and direction of accounts, results delivery, senior client liaison and team leadership. Firmly established as trusted advisors, Account Directors blend industry knowledge with communications prowess to deliver informed counsel to clients and team members.
Strategic Planning & Direction:
- A comprehensive understanding of clients including their objectives, products and services, customers, competitors, market and wider issues
- Provide valuable strategic direction in support of client goals
- Can fully distinguish between communications objectives, strategy and tactics; demonstrate each component in any given program and demonstrate the thinking behind company's approach.
- Passionate about the communications landscape and hold sufficient knowledge of all communication disciplines to identify the best approach for any given objective
- Produce high quality, error-free strategic content including proposals, client correspondence and media copy that is impactful and fully tailored to the given audience
- Demonstrate a consultancy mindset and actively listen to and challenge clients with sound questions to ensure the advice we provide delivers the best possible value
- Experience writing plans for clients with supporting budgets, scopes of work and KPIs – all of which are shared with my teams.
- Proactively review and adapt client programs to exploit opportunities, reflect evolving communications objectives and deliver solutions to challenges
- Carefully manage account budgets, service levels and costs to ensure that target profitability measures are met and proactive steps taken to address any imbalances
- Work closely with the leadership team to identify and deliver organic growth targets across my portfolio, proactively identifying opportunities to sell new projects and services
- Ensure that all invoicing, mark-up and cost recovery on third-party services are managed in a timely manner
- Proactively match teams with account needs to ensure the best use of resources across portfolio and the wider business
- Firmly viewed as a strategic trusted advisor by clients and the primary point of contact for strategic counsel
- Strong relationships with all key decision members within the client company and use them to understand and deliver value against their goals
- Ensure clients recognize the value of their PR campaigns through in-depth evaluation and reporting of results
- Proactively monitor client satisfaction levels and take proactive steps to ensure clients become and remain advocates.
- Identify and act upon any risks to the account such as missed KPIs, changes in client personnel and other threats.
- Regularly find opportunities to add value to client relationships by sharing insight, spotting opportunities and making network connections
- Ensure teams are fully focused on delivering value for clients and meeting account specific KPIs
- Share information with team members in a timely fashion to ensure they are fully engaged and have a comprehensive understanding of client needs, program objectives and current activity
- Recognize that people are different and adapt management style to motivate, inspire and get the best out of each team member
- Proactively identify performance issues and deliver developmental coaching and feedback that helps team members grow and develop on a day-to-day basis
- Fully engage in the agency appraisal process to ensure that team members receive the feedback and direction required to achieve their full potential
- Establish and maintain a range of media and influencer relationships that I leverage for the benefit of clients
- Coach and mentor teams to generate high quality results for clients by actively developing their media relationships and pitching skills.
- Actively broker introductions for team members with key media and influencers to ensure relationships are shared and leveraged across the agency
- Play a valuable, active role in converting new business opportunities as guided by the leadership teams
- Undertake comprehensive research in support of all allocated new business opportunities to maximize the likelihood of success
- Ensure that new business proposals reflect the intellectual rigor and strategic direction required to deliver against the brief in question
- New business content reflects high quality standards and is delivered to deadlines
- Take all appropriate steps to fully engage team members in support of the new business pitch process
- Can pitch and present with confidence – taking the prospect on a journey that meets their objectives, delivering key messages with impact and building chemistry with prospects