Title: Account Manager - Account Director, Legal PR Communications
Industry: Integrated Public Relations
Location: New York City or San Francisco or DC
**PR Agency experience is a must**
Our client, a prominent award winning integrated public relations firm is seeking a skilled media relations professional with exceptional client management skills and an understanding of the legal and professional services markets, the Account Manager OR Account Director plays a key role in driving the agency’s creation of strategic media plans to meet client objectives.
- Manage multiple projects for 5-6 clients from concept to completion by anticipating challenges, troubleshooting problems, proposing solutions, offering client counsel, overseeing quality, and ensuring deadline and budget adherence.
- Develop key messages and effective media pitches on timely news issues; send pitches to journalists and follow up to secure opportunities.
- Take lead on client service administration activities, including preparing client status and activity reports; attending meetings, events and conference calls; tracking for and compiling media coverage; and coordinating interview scheduling.
- Contribute to creation of strategic media plans to meet client objectives.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key journalists in person and via phone and email.
- Serve as a line manager for interns, Junior Account Executives and Account Executives; provide on-boarding support, training and ongoing feedback and participate in reviews.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of four years’ PR/communications work experience with at least one year in an account and team management role.
- Highly curious, creative and self-motivated, with superior critical thinking, communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Proven track record of successfully implementing a variety of creative and effective public relations initiatives that have generated measurable results for clients in the professional services industry.
- Skilled with media database software (Cision) and research tactics.