: Associate Vice President or Vice President
New York City
Our client is an award winning global integrated communications agency specializing in financial services, technology and energy, with about 60 people in offices in New York, D.C., Austin, London, Scotland, and Switzerland. They run strategic programs built around delivering tangible business results, through compelling content, top-notch media relations, critical thought leadership, and stand-out digital media.
- Has at least 6 years of experience in a PR agency role, with deep experience in financial services, technology and/or FinTech
- Stand-out media relations skills, strong written skills and the ability to metabolize complex businesses and turn them into concise and compelling ideas
- Ability to devise and lead client campaigns independently
- Experience in attracting and winning new business
- Strong skills managing and mentoring junior team members
- Serve as a senior strategic counselor and trusted day-to-day contact for financial, technology and FinTech clients, as well as taking responsibility for leading and managing the execution of client work
- Manage motivate, and upskill account teams and oversee them to effectively service client communications programs
- Operate at a strategic level by anticipating difficult situations and exhibit the ability to evaluate, recommend and then implement appropriate strategies and alternatives with clients’ senior management.
- This a high-growth role, and the right candidate will contribute to the company’s success by taking a lead role in new business acquisition, client retention and growth and ensuring effective and efficient team utilization.
- Demonstrate an expert understanding of PR and your clients’ business, industry and competitive environment in financial services and FinTech
- Manage client programs on a day-to-day basis, including independent strategy generation and acting as final set of eyes on materials.
- Build and manage solid account teams, balancing client workloads, developing and managing budgets, and ensuring account profitability.
- Develop strategic communications plans, including media relations opportunities, tactics, and timelines consistent with the overall PR strategy.
- Lead brainstorming sessions to develop strategic/creative thinking for our clients, and lead client calls.
- Leverage and maintain high level media contacts and your industry knowledge to secure quality coverage and ensure results for clients.
- Serve as day to day senior client liaison.
- Successfully manage multiple accounts and respective team members.
- Produce some strategic pieces of content where required.
- Actively participate in new business development efforts while further developing the firm’s reputation.
- Identify new business opportunities both within existing client engagements and by sourcing external leads.
- Participate in the development of materials for new business opportunities including timelines, proposals, capabilities decks and case studies.
- Provide strategic leadership, counseling and mentoring to the account team to ensure they have the skills to execute client programs.
- Manage internal account teams by regularly providing performance feedback, and managing others’ workloads and deadlines.
- Assume responsibility for the performance and growth of junior staff through the development of a career roadmap and working with individuals to ensure annual performance goals are met.