Title: AVP or Vice President, Legal PR Communications
Industry: Integrated Public Relations
Location: New York City or San Francisco or DC
**Agency experience is a must**
Our client, a prominent award winning integrated public relations firm is seeking a skilled media relations professional with exceptional client management skills and a fluent understanding of the legal and professional services markets, the Vice President (VP) plays a key role in driving the agency’s revenue growth and corporate strategy as a member of the senior management board team within the company.
Media Relations & Account Management:
- Senior leadership role on portfolio of accounts where you drive the development, implementation and execution of strategic public relations initiatives that successfully achieve client's immediate and long-term goals.
- Lead operational and financial performance of account teams. Ensure quality work, deadline adherence, effective processes, and that team consistently meets or exceeds agreed upon expectations, deliverables and metrics.
- Partner with Content and Design teams to develop and execute successful, creative integrated communications campaigns.
- Provide staff with strategic counsel, guidance and leadership; mentor team members to ensure constant development of their skills related to understanding issues facing Infinite Global’s legal and professional services clients; manage work quality and productivity levels.
- Lead new business development efforts by identifying opportunities, proactively mining relationships and responding to RFPs.
- Drive new business pitches. Lead meetings, scope projects, conduct analysis, and develop proposals/RFP responses.
- Grow business prospects with existing clients; partner with Content/Branding team or Infinite Global’s International Network to expand scope of work.
Supervisory & Leadership:
- Mentor, motivate and coach staff to ensure constant development of their skills as well as long-term professional development
- Provide strategic counsel, guidance and leadership; hold employees accountable and conduct professional development and performance reviews.
- Commit to continuous learning and improvement of professional and leadership skills; set and pursue stretch goals.
- Seek and spearhead process improvements and support positive change initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) from four-year college or university.
- 10-15 years PR agency/in-house communications experience with a focus on law/professional services; journalism background a plus.
- Expert media relations skills with demonstrated ability for messaging and storytelling.
- Exceptional account and client management skills; proven ability to build strong client relationships and manage workflow and profitability of account teams.
- Proven ability to write strategic media plans and a variety of client materials with limited oversight; track record of executing large scale campaigns at the strategic and tactical level.
- Extensive experience counseling senior business leaders on communications matters; experience conducting media training and handling crisis communications matters a plus.
- Proven track record developing and securing new business.
- Fluent understanding of the professional services markets, strong industry connections and a track record of pitching and winning new business.