Title: Communications Coordinator
Industry: Professional Services, Legal
Our client, an elite and globally recognized law firm is looking for a Communications Coordinator to join their Communications team in New York City.
- The Communications Coordinator supports the development and execution of internal and external communications strategies for the practice groups and firm activities in the Americas and international campaigns.
- Experience providing internal and external communications support within an organization as well as with building relationships with key internal stakeholders and media.
- This role offers a balance of ownership and autonomy on certain projects with the opportunity to become involved in broader initiatives and campaigns.
- Day-to-day activities include supporting the development of communications planning, executing strategy, and proactively positioning key partners as thought leaders.
- Work closely with the Communications Specialist, marketing and business development colleagues and partners in the US to devise and implement PR strategies and thought leadership for practice groups.
- Highlight the firm’s client work in the Americas and make the most of standout announcements across internal (i.e. intranet, firm-wide newsletter, internal memos) and external channels (i.e. media, website, social).
- Support and assist with the creation of written and digital content for external audiences including press releases, by-lined articles, social media posts, videos and podcasts.
- Draft internal communications materials including emails, firm-wide newsletters and posts for the intranet.
- Review and edit content including website posts, press releases, internal communications, social media posts and other firm communication, under the guidance of the Communications Specialist.
- Monitor and track firm media coverage.
- Be diligent about reporting earned coverage and analytics from communications campaigns back to internal stakeholders.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required
- Between 1 to 3 years of relevant communications experience in an agency or in-house environment; professional services background is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong knowledge of MS Office, social media channels, PR and digital tools
- Positive, proactive attitude and commercial outlook
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Great networking and advocacy skills, able to build relationships with stakeholders both internally and externally
- Comfortable juggling competing priorities and working on multiple conflicting deadlines, in a fast-paced environment
- A passion for reputation management and integrated communications
- Ability to deal with sensitive and confidential information
- A willingness to learn and develop