Our client is one of the UK’s largest consumer PR and content agencies and they are rapidly growing. With offices from London to New York, this is a boutique international with a 100+ team delivering award-winning work nationally and internationally for a wide variety of brands from alcohol lifestyle brands to big global consumer brands. A multi-disciplinary agency, the expertise stretches beyond traditional PR and media relations, into social and digital, influencer partnerships, content creation and more.
We’re looking for an established Associate Director to work on a given set of clients.This person will love delivering integrated campaigns of all shapes and sizes and have fun on the way. A thinker and doer who gets stuff done, they will be great at building relationships and growing business. The ability to navigate complex accounts with multiple stakeholders is a must. Leading talented teams, they will know when to step back, and when to roll their sleeves up and get stuck in.
As well as delivering stand-out activations for clients, this person will also play a key role when it comes to new business. They will have integrated agency experience and be able to pull together 360 proposals, drawing on the expertise from around our business.
What we are looking for:
First and foremost, we are looking for cultural fit – a leader with energy, experience and a can-do attitude. In terms of skill sets, the following are most important:
- Day-to-day leadership, management and growth of accounts, maintaining consistently high levels of client service
- Able to build and maintain strong relationships with senior clients, junior team members and everyone in between
- Strong people manager, able to nurture and grow talent
- A senior escalation point for the account team and senior clients
- A strategic thinker, skilled at developing plans which address our client’s organisational challenges
- Creative earned first ideas – a nose for a story which will stand up on its own without spend
- A media-neutral approach, able to work with teams from around the business to deliver stand-out 360 activations - virtual and live events, stunts, content creation
- Consumer media relations with strong knowledge in social media and influencer partnerships
- Entrepreneurial - the ability to identify opportunities and cross-sell, taking full advantage of Smarts’ multi-disciplinary services and growing business
- Able to write a deck independently and run a pitch, drawing upon expertise from around our business
- Strong presentation skills
- Commercially astute, setting and delivering against financial targets, maintaining profitability on all projects
Who you are:
- Inspirational leader with a proven ability to motivate direct reports and multi-disciplinary project teams
- An engaging communicator, strong relationship builder and collaborator with clients and internal teams alike
- Meticulous about meeting deadlines and keeping promises – organised with excellent attention to detail
- Strong business acumen, commercially minded
- Confident in their own convictions – able to provide a point of view, persuade, add value
- Actively engaged in the sector, keeping abreast of cultural conversations and emerging trends
- Committed, passionate about doing great work with great people, for great people
The superb office is in Central London (W1) although the team are very flexible and spend a few days working from home and a few days in the office – collaboration and friendliness is key to success in this culture.
Click ‘Apply Now’ to be considered for this opportunity or share this message with a friend that might be interested and you could be eligible for our referral reward scheme
Please note due to the high volume of applicants if you have not heard from one of us here in team London you have unfortunately not been selected on this occasion, we may be in touch in the future with other opportunities
Capstone Hill: Public & media relations, corporate & public affairs, digital, marketing communications, stakeholder, government & investor relations. Working across UK & Europe, North America, the Middle East, Asia and Australasia.
New York – Chicago – Los Angeles - London – Sydney – Melbourne
Executive Director, UK & Europe