SalaryGBP 50000.00 - 55000.00
An exciting and rare opportunity to go in house at a global consumer goods retailer in the midst of an exciting digital and business transformation.
Despite the retail sector taking a hit, this global, market leading consumer goods retailer is in the green, with group profits into the billions and its market share continuing to grow. The group operates in over nine countries and is a market leader in many of them with some ambitious business plans in the pipeline.
The company is in the midst of a digital transformation plan that has seen the announcement of several senior leadership appointments to continue to drive digital innovation and success in the changing world of retail. Among the changes is a focus on weaving store and online shopping experiences together, with store makeovers that will see 'experience zones' to showcase home cinema, smart home appliances and 'gaming battlegrounds'.
Another key area (one that’s crucial for all businesses at the moment) is CSR and sustainability. The company is committed to building a responsible, sustainable and ethical business with initiatives ranging from supporting education innovation in South Africa, cutting its carbon emissions, a focus on renewable/green energy and ensuring responsible sourcing, to a supply chain free from forced labour and exploitation.
Culturally, the environment of the communications team and wider business is a friendly, family feel, non hierarchal environment. There’s a grown up approach of flexibility when it comes to hours and working from home, giving a great work life balance. Add to this is a solid benefits package that includes yearly bonus of up to 20%, employer contributory pension of up to 10%, life assurance, private healthcare, 25 days annual leave and discounts on various company products.
The Role – Corporate Communications Manager
This is an exciting opportunity to help continue to shape the external perception of the company, bringing its new strategy to life. It’s a well-rounded corporate communications role that will see you have exposure to proactive campaigns, reactive/issues management, CSR/sustainability and corporate social media strategy. What’s great about this role is that there is an opportunity to shape the role around the person to some extent: if you’d love to get more involved in some of the previously mentioned areas then there’s the opportunity to shift things around within the team to ensure you’re playing to your strengths.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Taking a lead role in managing a variety of issues/escalations that come into the media team
- Being an integral advisor to all levels of the business on communications issues
- Instrumental in driving proactive communications campaigns
- Building relationships across the business to enable cross functional working and strong stakeholder engagement/management
- Working on the company’s CSR/sustainability initiatives, driving proactive messaging
- Managing the corporate social media strategy [this is preferred but not essential if you would prefer to focus on the other areas of the role]
- In house experienced is preferred but agency backgrounds will be considered
- Experience working on consumer facing brands/FMCG/retail preferred
- Comfortable working in a fast paced environment with multiple brands/clients
- Hands on, team orientated in working style
- A salary of between £50,000-£55,000 depending on experience
- Annual bonus up to 20% of annual salary
- Private medical cover
- Life assurance
- Generous pension – up to 10% employer contribution
- Discounts on company products
For more information on this exciting opportunity please Apply Now !
Please note due to the high volume of applicants if you have not heard from one of us here in team London you have unfortunately not been selected on this occasion, we may be in touch in the future with other opportunities
Capstone Hill: Public & media relations, corporate & public affairs, digital, marketing communications, stakeholder, government & investor relations. Working across UK & Europe, North America, the Middle East, Asia and Australasia.
New York – Chicago – Los Angeles – London – Sydney – Melbourne
Fill the form below to apply for this role: