Role: Director of Corporate Communications
**Fully Remote Opportunity**
Years of experience: 8-10 years
Our real estate asset management client, a Fortune 500 company, is seeking a Director of Corporate Communications in New York. The perfect candidate will be a proactive and versatile communication professional who has come from an industry such as politics, aviation, hospitality, transportation, real estate, healthcare, etc.
WHO are we looking for?
Creative storyteller to build and drive program of proactive, external storytelling – from executive communications to local media for the real estate this asset management company owns.
Someone who has deep experience in PROACTIVE communications to build and drive a program of external executive communications for leaders within a rapidly growing company.
Professional capable of telling the client’s story on a local level. Being proactive, looking for compelling stories about the people and places the client owns and turning them into earned media opportunities.
A story generator, creating media opportunities from scratch and working with other business partners to pull off the required operational details.
WHAT will make you successful at this company?
You are…kind, humble, honest, relentless, and smart with heart!
- Own a program of work to raise the profile of the business and the people – helping drive brand recognition as we go through an intense growth period. This includes building a calendar of panels/events/webinars/podcasts, and supporting on tactical execution with speeches/talking points/key messages etc.
- Partner with other teams and third-party operators to find media-worthy stories about real estate, particularly involving those who live and work there.
- Build a roster of preferred agencies in each market to have local support with pitching stories and staging events.
- Further boost the reach of successful opportunities by creating compelling social media content.
- Track international, national, and local media for relevant stories or trends, and share insights with colleagues.
- Flexibility to work outside normal hours. Please note – the client does care about your personal life and know what this work can be like, so rosters and support will be in place.
- Support other Corporate Communications peers on projects/tasks as needed.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree required, ideally in something likecommunications, political science, or law (discipline agnostic if you candemonstrate strong experience relevant to the role).
- At least eight to ten years’ experience in a fast-paced environment, either public or corporate.
- Experience in any of the following is helpful but not required: government/political campaigns, private equity, financial services, commercial real estate, public relations, or the media.
- Exceptional executive presence, including experience supporting senior leaders with communications.
- Comfort with flexible work hours, work environments, and pace – some days will be extremely up-tempo, others will be more focused on getting ahead of things. You will also enjoy the variance of swinging between strategic thinking and intensive reactive mode.
- Outstanding writing and multimedia storytelling skills.
- Knowledge of social media, digital engagement, and strategic best practices for communications, reader engagement, and user experience.
- Expert-level proficiency with Microsoft Office.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply by clicking the ‘Apply’ link.
For any further information on this opportunity, please email [email protected] in the strictest confidence.
Please note: due to the high volume of applicants, if you have not heard from Capstone Hill Search, you have unfortunately not been selected for this role. We may be in touch in the future with other opportunities more relevant to you.
Capstone Hill Search: Public & media relations, corporate & public affairs, digital, marketing communications, stakeholder, government & investor relations. Working across North America, UK & Europe, the Middle East, Asia, and Australasia.
New York – Chicago – Los Angeles – London – Sydney – Melbourne