Salary: £££ Extremely competitive
Location: Greater London
An exciting and rare opportunity has arisen to join one of the largest retailers in the world, taking a pivotal role in the frontline of media handling, issues management and content creation to support proactive campaigning.
This is a dream role for a communications professional who loves media relations, issues and crisis.
Please note this role is a maternity cover FTC of around 9 months - there is the potential to extend however you must be available immediately or with a maximum of 1 month notice period.
A FTSE 100 leader, they continue to innovate to ensure they are ahead of the competition, with regular new initiatives and exciting developments - serving customers and empowering them to live better is their core purpose.
The Role – Director of Media
This role is to cover a maternity leave for approximately 9 months, however there is a chance that it will extend.
The main facet of the role is to manage the press function at one of the highest levels in the organisation, being the first port of call when it comes to pulling together responses to issues and crisis.
You need to be a savvy, unflappable media operator with a solid and established network of contacts; who is confident in dealing with tricky media and crisis across print, broadcast and online. Our ideal candidate will be working in house currently at a well-known consumer brand that is regularly in the media spotlight and receives a lot of attention.
There will also be a content creation element to the role (approximately 30%). We’re looking for someone socially minded who can create compelling content for media to promote messaging across a range of platforms.
- Overseeing the press office/media function at a senior level, being the first port of call when it comes to pulling together responses regarding issues and crisis
- Maintaining and building on the brand's crisis handling capabilities
- Managing a team and leading by example
- Leading the strategic ideation and creation of content creation to promote the brand's messages
- 15 years plus experience gained in an agency or in house communications role
- Track record of media handling across national, broadcast and online media
- Crisis and issues management
- Leading a high performing team
- Experience of working in a matrix system ideal
Apply by completing the application form below. Please only get in touch if you meet the above requirements as this is a very specific role, I look forward to hearing from you.