Title: Executive Writer – Communications Manager
Industry: Law Firm
Location: NYC - Hybrid Model
Our client, a global law firm based on New York City is looking to bring on a corporate communications professional to direct the communication efforts for the Executive Director & COO as well as his executive leadership team. You will have the opportunity to take on a high level role producing the firm's important internal communications.
- Responsible for developing story ideas, researching, writing, editing, and posting feature stories across the internal communications channels including the firm’s intranet, newsletters and in-person meetings.
- Proactively promote achievements, news, and values in alignment with the firm’s strategy to increase engagement with internal audience.
- Develop and manage the Executive Director & COO’s communications plans, provide communications advice, and participate in their project teams as needed for various initiatives.
- Work to track, analyze, and measure progress against goals for assigned projects/initiatives.
- Write, research, and edit for memos, newsletters, Intranet, and speeches
- Write and edit market-facing communications as required (e.g. articles, reports, surveys, white papers, invitations, podcasts, etc.)
- Craft and communicate essential information during crisis/emergency situations.
- Collaborate with the Business Development to identify and craft timely, market-driven collateral
- Develop solid understanding of firm’s areas of expertise and its various business units and market position.
- Be comfortable writing in various voices for a range of internal audiences.
- Must be excellent writer, editor, and proofreader
- Confident and proactive personality is a must, with the ability to build relationships quickly with firm leaders, partners and other key stakeholders and strengthen them over time
- Strong advising and influencing skills
- Ability to conform writing/images to house editorial and brand style guidelines and educate others about these rules as needed
- Journalism, project management experience helpful
- 4-year college degree or equivalent
- 7+ years of solid professional services writing and editing experience, gained in a professional services environment