Head of Community and Local Comms:
An exciting and rare opportunity has arisen to join one of the biggest FMCG retailers as they look to combine two roles into one covering both local community work with community engagement. A unique role for an exceptional individual .
A household name in the FMCG, Food & Drink and retail space, this company gets a huge amount of attention from the press and is one of the UK’s biggest brands. They continue to innovate to ensure they are ahead of the competition, with regular new initiatives and exciting product developments – from launching vegan ranges, trialling artificial intelligence in-store and continuing to always diversify their product offerings.
The company HQ has a fantastic vibe – with an on-site gym, heavily subsidised cafes, football and basketball court, with suppliers regularly setting up pop up food and drink stalls. The culture is trusting and flexible – as long as you get your work done, there’s no clock watching - giving you an incredible work life balance on top of a great benefits package that ensures employee retention remains incredibly strong.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for leading our clients relationships with communities across the UK - directly with local media, authorities and MPs and through their work with community programmes and partners. This is an exceptional role for the right senior candidate, you will report straight into the MD.
A full job spec can be provided upon application but key responsibilities will include:
- To focus on building our clients local reputation and work on local news
- You will need to be happy working on stakeholder engagement - the role is much broader than just media engagement and rather political so someone who is open to working with local MP's
- You will also work on local engagement around schemes our clients runs, one in particular is a charity they have sponsored for over 18 years and also a food waste scheme ran by an exceptional tech platform
- Manage their PR agency
- Someone who can hold their own in a local stakeholder environment and in a national stakeholder environment
- Agency and inhouse experience welcomed
- A very good leader as this is a replacement role with big shoes to fill
- Strong working with senior leaders across the business
- Experience in managing crisis
- A salary of £75,000 - £90,000 DOE
- Annual bonus up to 45% of annual salary
- Private healthcare and health screening every 2 years
Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day
10% savings in store
- A retirement savings plan – 6-10% contribution rate
Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
Buy As You Earn Scheme
Save As You Earn Scheme
For more information on this exciting opportunity please contact Claire Wiseman to discuss in strictest confidence. E: [email protected]
Apply below to be considered for this opportunity or share this message with a friend that might be interested and you could be eligible for our referral reward scheme!
Please note due to the high volume of applicants if you have not heard from one of us here in team London you have unfortunately not been selected on this occasion, we may be in touch in the future with other opportunities
Capstone Hill: Public & media relations, corporate & public affairs, digital, marketing communications, stakeholder, government & investor relations. Working across UK & Europe, North America, the Middle East, Asia and Australasia.
New York – Chicago — LA – London – Sydney – Melbourne