SalaryGBP 85000.00 - 100000.00
An exciting and rare opportunity has arisen to join one of the UK’s biggest FMCG retailers as a Head of ESG/Sustainability Communications & Investor Engagement. This role sits at the cross section between ESG/sustainability and investor relations and is a newly created position for the business. Born out of the increased interest and focus on CSR/ sustainability for businesses, this fascinating position will see you leading on the company’s ESG investor strategy, communicating the work in the space that they are doing to investors and the wider market.
Whilst this role sits in the Investor Relations team, we are looking for an ESG/sustainability expert first and foremost who can bring the company’s sustainability/CSR activity to life for investors, rather than a generalist IR professional. If this sounds like you, please read on!
A household name in the FMCG, Food & Drink and retail space, this company gets a huge amount of attention from the press and is one of the UK’s biggest brands. They continue to innovate to ensure they are ahead of the competition, with regular new initiatives and exciting product developments – from launching vegan ranges, trialling artificial intelligence in-store and continuing to always diversify their product offerings.
The company HQ has a fantastic vibe – with an on-site gym, heavily subsidised cafes, football and basketball court, with suppliers regularly setting up pop up food and drink stalls. The culture is trusting and flexible – as long as you get your work done, there’s no clock watching - giving you an incredible work life balance on top of a great benefits package that ensures employee retention remains incredibly strong.
The Role – Head of ESG/Sustainability & Investor Engagement
In this role, you’ll work across the business liaising with a wide spectrum of internal and external stakeholders to collaborate all relevant activity and distil it into a cohesive message to investors and the market. You’ll have responsibility for developing the company’s ESG investor strategy and leading the ESG investor engagement programme on behalf of the CEO, CFO and Investor Relations Directors.
As mentioned initially, ESG/sustainability expertise is more important than investor relations experience in terms of priority for this role, as long as you feel comfortable speaking to investors and picking this up.
A full job spec can be provided upon application but key responsibilities will include:
- Develop the ESG investor strategy and use this to recommend and drive improvements to the ESG engagement plan
- Effectively integrate ESG across investor communications
- Collaborate with experts in the business to respond appropriately to ESG-related investor enquiries
- Review and recommend improvements to ESG disclosures
- Communications/PR background. In house background preferred but agency experience will also be considered
- Experience steeped in CSR/sustainability/ESG
- Some investor relations/engagement experience ideal but not essential
- Passionate about storytelling and able to bring activity to life, a strong writer
- A salary of £85,000 - £100,000 DOE
- Annual bonus up to 45% of annual salary
- Private healthcare and health screening every 2 years
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day
- 10% savings in store
- A retirement savings plan – 6-10% contribution rate
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Buy As You Earn Scheme
- Save As You Earn Scheme
For more information on this exciting opportunity please Apply Now!
Click ‘Apply Now’ to be considered for this opportunity or share this message with a friend that might be interested and you could be eligible for our referral reward scheme!
Please note due to the high volume of applicants if you have not heard from one of us here in team London you have unfortunately not been selected on this occasion, we may be in touch in the future with other opportunities
Capstone Hill: Public & media relations, corporate & public affairs, digital, marketing communications, stakeholder, government & investor relations. Working across UK & Europe, North America, the Middle East, Asia and Australasia.
New York – Chicago – Los Angeles – London – Sydney – Melbourne
This role is expired.