We are looking for an Associate Director to further support business growth across the broad client base of one of the most celebrated Health PR teams in the industry. As an Associate Director, you will shape and deliver strategic advice to clients, provide senior counsel, direction and advice to clients and colleagues and assist Exec/Board in fulfilling management responsibilities. Additionally, you will pay a key part in the business growth and development of the division.
You will be an ambitious healthcare public affairs/communications consultant with a genuine interest and passion for health policy and public affairs. You’ll be committed to working and thinking hard, as well as having fun, delivering the outcomes that really matter for a range of commercial, voluntary and public sector clients – all of whom have an interest in health and care.
You will have experience of health public affairs or policy development through work in a previous agency/consultancy or in-house in a charity, commercial or public sector environment. The key requirements will be a solid understanding of health policy and passion for healthcare and a desire to apply these in a busy commercial environment and contribute to the success of a hard-working and passionate team. As an Associate Director you will be responsible for managing and guiding junior team members, ensuring effective team working and quality of work.
- Act as senior counsel to clients, supporting the development of their communications strategies as a whole
- Oversee all client contact whilst shaping and steering programme strategy and delivery and responsibility for servicing, profitability, forecasting and billing
- Lead and sign off on policy engagement programmes
- Identify and extract data for analysis, generate hypotheses for investigation and identify top lines
- Responsible for growing existing and winning new business, leading on pitches and networking for leads.
- Oversee full account team, providing leadership example and guidance to peers and colleagues including resourcing issues, account performance and delivering internal training
- Confident in articulating analysis of the overall shape and role of social media and frequently contributing new content.
The successful candidate will have:
- Minimum six years’ experience within agency/consultancy or in-house role within a commercial or patient/professional group setting
- Confidence and gravitas to advise senior clients on complex challenges
- Experience leading and shaping effective campaigns or large-scale programme with demonstrable outcomes
- Comprehensive understanding of the commercial healthcare and policy landscape
- Experience directly line managing and managing teams up to 6 people
- Strong skills in financial management
What we offer:
You can expect a great working environment and superb benefits to match, including: Free breakfast at the in-house café/bar, gym discounts, pension, season ticket loan, cycle to work scheme and much more! This agency is a great place to work and has been featured in The Sunday Times’ Best Company To Work For Top 100 list eight years in a row too.
Executive Director, UK & Europe