SalaryGBP 45000.00 - 48000.00
An exciting and rare opportunity has arisen to join one of the biggest FMCG retailers as a Planning and Community Communications Manager.
This role has a remit to shape the brand’s community narrative to relevant audiences, communicating the positive impact on local communities; as well as supporting its high profile, multiple property development programmes as they are rolled out across the UK.
We’re looking for someone with local government relations experience for this role, who has experience of pushing plans and strategies through with local authorities and is adept at stakeholder engagement. Sound like you? Please read on!
A household name in the FMCG, Food & Drink and retail space, this company gets a huge amount of attention from the press and is one of the UK’s biggest brands. They continue to innovate to ensure they are ahead of the competition, with regular new initiatives and exciting product developments – from launching vegan ranges, trialling artificial intelligence in-store and continuing to always diversify their product offerings.
The company HQ has a fantastic vibe – with an on-site gym, heavily subsidised cafes, football and basketball court, with suppliers regularly setting up pop up food and drink stalls.
The culture is trusting and flexible – as long as you get your work done, there’s no clock watching - giving you an incredible work life balance on top of a great benefits package that ensures employee retention remains incredibly strong.
The Role – Planning and Community Communications Manager – FMCG retailer
This role focuses on two core areas: local community and community engagement. You’ll develop and manage a communications plan that supports the brand’s proposed store growth across the UK and acquisition of new sites. Ensuring and enabling positive stakeholder engagement is key for this role, ensuring that the brand is seen as a preferred choice for the retail landscape of cities and towns.
Experience in the property/planning sector is desired, you will be someone who is engaged with local authorities and familiar with government relations pathways, particularly at a local level.
You’ll also get the satisfaction of being involved with and communicating the brand’s community work and charity partnerships, highlighting the positive role stores play in local communities.
A full job spec can be provided upon application but key responsibilities will include:
- Developing and managing a communications plan that supports the brand’s proposed store growth across the UK and its readiness to acquire new sites
- Enabling positive stakeholder engagement opportunities at a local level for those who influence planning decisions
- Working closely with the brand’s charity partners across each of its key programmes
- Identifying more relevant and impactful opportunities in media or other audiences where the brand can widen awareness of its community reach, partnerships, investments and role our stores play
- Understanding the challenges and changes within local Government and key issues which impact the retail sector within communities
- A salary of £45,000 - £52,000 DOE
Annual bonus up to 3.5% of annual salary
- Private healthcare and health screening every 2 years
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day
- 10% savings in store
- A retirement savings plan – 4-7.5% contribution rate
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Buy As You Earn Scheme
- Save As You Earn Scheme
To discuss this opportunity and others we are recruiting for in confidence, please click 'Apply Now'!
Click ‘Apply Now’ to be considered for this opportunity or share this message with a friend that might be interested and you could be eligible for our referral reward scheme!
Please note due to the high volume of applicants if you have not heard from one of us here in team London you have unfortunately not been selected on this occasion, we may be in touch in the future with other opportunities
Capstone Hill: Public & media relations, corporate & public affairs, digital, marketing communications, stakeholder, government & investor relations. Working across UK & Europe, North America, the Middle East, Asia and Australasia.
New York – Chicago – Los Angeles – London – Sydney – Melbourne
Fill the form below to apply for this role: