Do you have a passion for drinks and know the names of all the coolest bars before they launch? Perhaps you currently already work in drinks/hospitality PR but don’t get to travel much and are looking for a change of scene with the opportunity to enjoy exciting press trips?
If you answered yes to the above, this could be your dream job!
This communications agency works with a range of the top alcohol brands spanning premium/luxury whisky, vodka, rum, tequila; and bars and bartenders in the UK (and globally). The agency has a fantastic reputation in the sector and due to growth is looking to add an AM/SAM to its close knit team.
The agency was set up about 4 years ago by two inspiring senior communications professionals who have cut their teeth at top agencies in the space and wanted to create something different with a focus on a supportive, nurturing and engaging culture.
Work spans an exciting mix of interesting collaborations with partners such as chefs and restaurants, press trips and trade shows (the team has been to Milan, Paris and Barcelona in the last year) and of course the “business as usual” launches, influencer partnerships and media relations.
In terms of culture, the focus is more on getting great work done rather than clock watching, with a flexible start time of 9.30/10am and flexible working location. The office is based in South West London and the team aim to go in 3 days per week (although this is flexible) and also work from some of their bar venue clients as well. Benefits include 50% of your mobile paid and £100 per quarter to explore the London bar scene.
The Role – Account Manager/Senior Account Manager
Whilst experience with drinks/hospitality is ideal, we will also consider those who work in PR currently who have an interest in the sector.
Key responsibilities will include:
• To meet regularly with your Account Director or Company Directors to update on client / account activity, discuss opportunities and relay achievements
• To lead team meetings and ensure action lists are produced within 24hrs
• Team management: overseeing junior team members development and output
• To develop and maintain good client relations, meeting clients regularly and acting as the lead point of contact for clients
• To assist and where required take the lead with strategy planning
• To secure a minimum of two pieces of press coverage, per client, per month including one feature
• To write press releases to a ‘finished’ standard with minimal changes required by your Account Director or Company Directors
• To develop and maintain press contacts through frequent communication and face-to-face meetings – ideally having two meetings with a journalist a week
• To support junior team members with pitching, signing off pitch emails and ensuring they are communicating with each other when doing multiple sell ins to avoid chasing the same journalist at once
• Identify trends, creative feature angles and orchestrate / lead brainstorms
• Support your Account Director and Company Director in writing and producing new business proposals, in addition to attending and presenting at pitch meetings
• To identify and nurture relationships both in and out of the drinks industry
• To maintain an awareness of social media and deliver regular content for the company social media accounts
If this sounds like you, please get in touch immediately to discuss further. E: [email protected]
Please note due to the high volume of applicants if you have not heard from one of us here in team London you have unfortunately not been selected on this occasion, we may be in touch in the future with other opportunities
Capstone Hill: Public & media relations, corporate & public affairs, digital, marketing communications, stakeholder, government & investor relations. Working across UK & Europe, North America, the Middle East, Asia and Australasia.
New York – Chicago – Los Angeles – London – Sydney – Melbourne