Do you work in corporate comms and long for something a bit more front-line? Or perhaps you work in crisis comms already and are looking for a new challenge. We’re looking for a new member of the team for a boutique agency specialising in crisis. From some of the top front page news stories such as terrorist attacks to crisis that don’t reach the news but are significantly challenging, involving schools, charities and public sector institutions – if you’re into dealing with crisis and issues, this is a great role for you.
The agency is a boutique firm set up and ran by a respected industry professional. The current structure of the agency is the MD and a network of approximately 6 very senior comms professionals (all ex Head of Comms at well known organisations) who work remotely and on a consultancy basis for a set number of hours per week. This role will be the agency’s first permanent member of staff following significant revenue increase, representing a unique opportunity to work alongside and learn from a host of senior comms professionals at the top of their game.
Due to the agency’s reputation in the space, the majority of work is incoming through word of mouth or referred by law firms, meaning this often less relished part of any PR/comms agency side role is less of a focus!
Some of the crisis the firm deals with have been significant, front page news stories such as criminal trials and terrorist attacks, however much of the work is smaller but significant and often shocking crisis involving schools, charities, religious institutions and public sector companies.
Culturally, this will be a role that would suit someone who likes a small, collegiate office environment and relishes the chance to work alongside senior people. The office is in a WeWork which gives a more buzzy, populated vibe with free breakfasts on Fridays, beer between 3-6pm and communal areas for chats or meetings.
There are plans for the team to grow further as they go from strength to strength.
The Role – Account Manager/Senior Account Manager
This is a great opportunity to join an agency that’s on a strong trajectory and work closely with the MD. Unlike larger agencies, there are not layers of hierarchy for progression or lack of exposure to the senior team. You will have a rare opportunity to work with the MD of the company, giving you ample exposure and development. You’ll also be working closely with the agency’s team of senior advisors; again a rare opportunity to have close exposure to prestigious senior industry professionals.
You will either be working in crisis PR/comms at present, or within communications and have a desire to specialise in this area.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to the below:
- Work closely with the MD and senior consultancy team to support on high profile crisis cases/campaigns, providing strategic counsel to clients. In time, you will be given the opportunity to lead on selected cases
- “Business as usual” crisis work including working with lawyers, drafting statements and advice notes etc. for slower burn matters such as publicity around forthcoming court cases
- Contributing to documents for prospective clients. Much of this agency’s work is incoming meaning there is not a heavy new business element to the role however there are sometimes documents/credentials that need to be drafted for prospective clients before a final decision is made
- Taking incoming calls from prospective clients and being responsible for the “live chat” section of the website for prospective clients
- Liaise with the digital marketing team (outsourced) to produce content and ideas for the website; opportunity to write articles for the press and specialist publications
Client relationship development – regularly speak to ongoing clients to ensure their needs are being met
- Agency/account administration e.g. media monitoring and analysis, invoices, banking matters. N.B. Most admin is outsourced to Smart PA, a luxury in agency world!
To discuss this opportunity and others we are recruiting for, please contact Charlotte Bradshaw without delay. E: [email protected]
Follow us on Twitter to keep up to date on jobs and news from the PR industry @CapstoneHill
Capstone Hill: Public & media relations, corporate & public affairs, digital, marketing communications,
stakeholder, government & investor relations. Working across UK & Europe, North America, the Middle East, Asia and Australasia.
New York – London – Sydney – Melbourne