This integrated marketing and communications firm, that was recently named Best Place to Work by MM&M, The Holmes Report, PR News, PRWeek, and AdAge, is hirirng! This exciting agency specializes in healthcare and wellness and is looking for a Senior Account Manager to join their team to help clients prepare for their most critical communications challenges in today’s dynamic environment. They need someone who can to deliver resonant messages about the benefits they deliver to patients, as well as the health system and society. This firm offers amazing benefits and perks, as well as flexible PTO and 401K plus match!
This Senior Account Manager would be responsible for managing the day-to-day activities on assigned accounts, has strong, demonstrated capabilities in relationship building, a passion for
healthcare and an interest or experience in public policy and affairs. The position offers exceptional opportunities for strategic engagement with leading pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device clients and for continued professional development in a rapidly scaling practice.
Strategy Development & Subject Matter Expertise
• Participates in development of clients’ corporate, public policy and drug pricing strategies;
collaborates with multiple internal stakeholders develop consensus around tactics and to ensure
seamless incorporation into broader client strategy
• Develops presentations, creative briefs, written materials (such as editorial bylines and
newsletters) and other strategic internal/external communications surrounding the health care
and public policy landscape that meet the client’s objectives.
• Evaluates and analyzes data; develops succinct, accurate summaries and analyses of research
that include recommendations for clients.
• Partners with functional area-experts within the agency in support of integrated
communications and public affairs campaigns.
• Monitors health policy, pricing and payment trends; provides clients and colleagues proactive
guidance and insights.
• Develop new business through proactively identifying and pursuing opportunities for growth
with existing clients.
Management & Mentorship
• Will supervise Account Associates and Account Managers to help manage workload, deadlines,
and priorities and to provide information and resources needed to understand client objectives,
provide health policy and health system change insights.
• Provide guidance and support for career progression and performance.
• Learns, understands and communicates clients’ needs and priorities, structuring internal
processes to maximize available resources.
• Ensures client feedback is gathered, understood and addressed as appropriate across all
• Maintains clear, consistent communications with client peers to ensure internal team continues
to track against current and emerging client expectations.
• Oversees account finances, including team budgets and billing; Develops monthly projections
and reviews activity reports and financial trackers.
• Participates in quarterly and annual strategic communications planning and business analysis.
• Manages multiple client projects of varying sizes in a fast-paced environment, achieving internal
client and project revenue targets.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
• A minimum of 4 years of experience in a professional environment within the public
relations, communications, journalism and / or public affairs or public policy is required.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is required.
• Must have healthcare PR, corporate communications or or public affairs experience;
integrated experience preferred.
• Excellent business and/or healthcare policy communication skills
• Informal/formal presentation and writing skills; including presenting to clients
• Skilled in data communication and explaining complex technical facts and concepts,
including, clinical trials and studies, legislative and regulatory information, value
frameworks and health economic issues pertaining to the client’s business
• Able to develop client-ready deliverables (messaging, bylines, op-eds, intelligence
reports, presentations) and editing junior staff work
• Able to communicate critical information to management and the client
• Able to develop solutions to client needs and problems:
• Collaborates with internal partners to strategize ideas
• Researches the market to identify trends and data to support ideas
• Familiar with Is aware of policies at state and federal levels related to pricing and
access and how these policies affect the industry
• Understands program objectives and strategies
• Ability to direct and synthesize research for new business.
• Must be highly organized, mindful of deadlines and budgets, able to multi-task and work
under limited supervision.
• Demonstrated strong work ethic, with a track record of following through on client requests
and with high-quality deliverables on schedule and on budget.
• Have a professional presence, perform with a sense of urgency and with a profound client
• Experience with Microsoft Office tools (PowerPoint, Word, and Excel).