Title: Vice President, Spirits Public Relations
Industry: Integrated Public Relations Agency
Location: New York City
**Public Relations Agency experience is a must**
Our client, a prominent award winning integrated public relations and marketing firm is seeking a skilled VP professional with exceptional experience in team management, the Spirits industry, and account management.
The Vice President, Wine and Spirits will be responsible for the management of a sizeable portion of the agency’s business, including development of strategic PR plans, providing strategic counsel to clients, and management of accounts to ensure agency profitability. You will also manage account teams to maximize each team member’s performance while driving accountability and fostering respect and collaboration.
- B.A. in Public Relations, Journalism, Communications or the like
- 8-10 years of experience in a public relations agency or similar position; 3 or more years of supervisory experience
- Lead client PR programs from concept/planning through completion/evaluation
- Develop and propose strategic, creative ideas and tactical elements for client programs; demonstrate an ability to autonomously handle these responsibilities when needed
- Ensure that direct reports manage account teams and programs to deliver high quality results on-time and on-budget
- Manage account financials: develop and manage budgets, fee estimates, out-of-pocket expenses, team hour allocations, billing, invoicing, etc.
- Serve as primary client contact and build/maintain strong relationships with key client personnel
- Take strategic risks to push accounts to the next level, in an effort to secure incremental business opportunities
- Build, lead and develop engaged and successful account teams
- Maintain relationships with key contacts at traditional and social media outlets; leverage those relationships to obtain desired media coverage on behalf of the agency and/or clients
- Compile presentations for new business and business renewal proposals; participate in new business and/or business renewal pitches