Location: Detroit, MI
(Three days in office, Two days remote)
Our client, an award-winning global experiential agency is looking for a Senior Writer + Creative Strategist to join their team. Somebody equal parts passionate about communications, writing, and strategy. A passionate storyteller who can write compelling, emotive copy to bring their strategic thinking to life.
- You will specialize in going deep into the client’s brief and helping our team deliver world-class creative solutions.
- Experience in automotive communications such as product launches, technology and software, media relations, investor comms, manufacturing, and employee engagement.
- Work with the client to originate tight, detailed briefs that enable original, on-message creative thinking
- Help create big, conceptual ideas and deliver them across a variety of platforms - ideas that target the problem, the story, amplification and multichannel rollout (owned, earned, paid), ROI and performance metrics – owning all aspects of the reporting and strategic conclusions
- Write message frameworks, message houses, manifestos, and campaign narratives
- Use the power of storytelling to bring automotive news to life
- Thrive in the cut and thrust of the pitch process, taking a primary role in winning new work for the agency
- Present proposals alongside Creative and Account Management colleagues, achieving client buy-in
- Take ownership over ROI and metrics, generate reports, install measurement tools into project deliveries and ensuring that projects deliver against KPI’s
- Minimum 5-10 years’ experience in copywriting, communications, or strategy, either agency-side or for an automotive business
- Experience in speechwriting and/or corporate communications is a must
- Demonstrable examples of producing world-class content in the experience channel (e.g., auto show stands, branded experiences, product launches, automotive reveals, media drive programs, corporate announcements)
- Outstanding presentation skills, with the ability to bring ideas to life and sell them to clients
- A creative background is preferable, be it in visual communication or copywriting – you will be working with, and inspiring many creative specialists