- Serve as the day-to-day lead of corporate communications-focused projects/campaigns, with a focus on problem solving, quality delivery, relationship management, and client satisfaction
- Deliver best-practice work, including content, analysis, media engagement etc. to advance client service and business development across the business.
- Coordinate and implement events, such as media and stakeholder briefings and media tours.
- Play a role in creation of communications plans and goals, especially around earned, social and paid media; manage against them.
- Serve as a daily client contact and act as client lead when appropriate; address client issues thoughtfully and effectively by understanding their business and counseling appropriately, especially related to media engagement.
- Develop high quality client- and public-ready content across a broad range of owned and earned media and content channels.
- Supervise staff by motivating, coaching, consistently providing feedback.
- Support budget management and financial planning for client work.
- Support planning and new business development efforts, including preparation of RFPs.
Applicants should have at least 5-7 years of relevant work experience in public relations and/or related fields and possess:
- Ability to leverage expertise of the corporate communications landscape to advance clients’ communications, media relations and public affairs goals.
- Strong project management skills, including ability to work under deadline, have attention to detail and be process-oriented.
- Ability to dive deep into clients’ business and product nuances to be able to communicate directly to a broad range of stakeholders, including thought leaders and media.
- Exceptional writing and verbal communication skills.
- Experience functioning as a daily client contact.
- A demonstrated ability to manage up, delegate and edit the work of others.
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills, including active, creative brainstorming in group and team meetings.
- Ability to collaborate internally and across external partners and clients with a high level of professionalism.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and brands without sacrificing the quality of the deliverables.
- BA/BS degree.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Real-world experience managing and executing corporate communications, ideally for organizations in the health care sector.
- Real-world experience managing and executing media relations for communications and/or public affairs campaigns.
- Knowledge of and ideally relationships with national and/or DC-based media; a plus if also within the health sector.
- Experience in content development and distribution across media channels (owned, earned, paid).