Role: Senior Vice President
Location: New York & Washington, D.C.
Hybrid Schedule – 2 days per week
**Crisis Communications experience is a must**
Our client, a two-time finalist of PRovoke Media’s public affairs agencies of the year, is seeking a seasoned communications professional to lead public affairs and communications initiatives for a diverse portfolio of high-profile corporate and nonprofit clients.
- Build trusted relationships with both clients and colleagues
- Develop creative public affairs and communications strategies for clients
- Develop and implement an “action plan” for each client
- Develop and pitch original story ideas to a diverse range of media
- Engage third parties and outside groups on behalf of clients
- Play a role in building and mobilizing coalitions
- Integrate digital activity to amplify public affairs campaigns
- Write and/or oversee the production of materials such as press releases, op-eds, reports, memos, and presentations
Experience and Qualifications:
- Political campaign or issue advocacy experience
- Robust relationships with national, DC and/or New York-based media
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- The ability to manage multiple projects on tight deadlines
- A record of creating and managing complex communications plans and actively managing crises
- A creative mind and a goal-oriented mindset
- Ability to thrive in an environment where structure and flexibility combine to meet clients’ needs
- A voracious appetite for news
- Demonstrated experience managing and mentoring teams
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply by clicking the ‘Apply’ link.
For any further information on this opportunity, please email [email protected] in the strictest confidence.
Please note: due to the high volume of applicants, if you have not heard from Capstone Hill Search, you have unfortunately not been selected for this role. We may be in touch in the future with other opportunities more relevant to you.
Capstone Hill Search: Public & media relations, corporate & public affairs, digital, marketing communications, stakeholder, government & investor relations. Working across North America, UK & Europe, the Middle East, Asia, and Australasia.
New York – Chicago – Los Angeles – London – Sydney – Melbourne